Welcome to the CentOS 6.6. CentOS is an Enterprise-class Linux Distribution. CentOS Team as announced the latest revision CentOS 6.6. It has many changes and upgrades to the existing setup.
Major Changes in CentOS 6.6
Following is the list of major changes done in new release centos 6.6.
- Enhanced SCSI unit attention handling to enable responding to certain unit commands.
- The OpenvSwitch module is now available as a kernel module.
- New HyperV daemons have been added to enable/improve running CentOS in Microsoft HyperV hosts.
- As a technology preview 6.6 can be run as a 2nd generation VM on Microsoft’s 2012R2 HyperV.
- keepalived and haproxy are now fully supported.
- Support added for the Intel Wildcat platform.
- OpenJDK 8 has been added as technology preview.
Click here to read more about changes in CentOS 6.6.
Upgrade to CentOS 6.6
Read below article to upgrade your current running centos release to 6.6 with easy steps.
Download CentOS 6.6 ISO
Use one of below download links to download CentOS 6.6 as per your system architecture.