Cinnamon 2.4 has been released on Nov 01, 2014. Cinnamon is a desktop environment based on GTK+ 3. The project originally started as a fork of the GNOME Shell. This article will help you for installing Cinnamon 2.4 in Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and Ubuntu 14.10 Systems.
Features of Cinnamon 2.4
1. Completely redesigned the theme settings
2. Redesigned Nemo tool bar and the presence of its button were made configurable.
3. The desktop font is now configurable.
4. Similar to Windows open home directory with “Super+e” key combination
5. Cinnamon desktop now starts with a zoom animation.
Install Cinnamon 2.4 on Ubuntu
Cinnamon 2.4 is available under lestcape ppa with nightly updates. Use the following set of commands to install Cinnamon 2.4 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and 14.10.
add-apt-repositoryppa:gwendal-lebihan-dev/cinnamon-nightly $ sudo apt-getupdate $ sudo apt-getinstall cinnamon
After installing cinnamon, logout from current session and select cinnemon from login screen.
Remove Cinnamon on Ubuntu
If you want you can also remove Cinnamon from Ubuntu system using following command.