The latest Linux Mint 19 has been finally released on July 01, 2018. Its codename is Tara. This Linux Mint version uses the package base of Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic. The Linux Mint 19 will support and receive security updates until 2023.
Whats New in Linux Mint 19
Linux Mint 19 is full of new updates. Here is the list of some updates available:
- A New Welcome Screen Added
- Linux kernel 4.15
- Timeshift is now at the center of Linux Mint’s update strategy and communication.
- Upgraded Update Manager
- Upgraded Software Manager
- exFat support added to USB stick formatting tool
- All the Mint tools support HiDPI, GTK3 and Python3
- Pidgin was removed from the default software selection
- A new plugin was added for word auto-completion.
- Read more
Download Linux Mint 19 (Tara)
You can download the Linux Mint 19 (Tara) ISO file from its official download page.