As a system administrator, you need to take backup on daily basis. Backups are very useful to recover data from any crashes or corruption. I have written a simple script to take database backup from MySQL server and upload it to FTP server. Being a system administrator, I recommend keeping a remote copy of your every backup. You can also try our new advance script for MySQL databases backup and upload to remote locations.
Create a shell script file and copy the below script. Then update all the required values and execute.
Setup Details – Edit the above script for the following variable as per your system environment. Place all the values correctly to make the script work properly.
- LOCAL_BACKUP_DIR => Local direction path to store backup
- DB_NAME => database name
- DB_USER => database adminitrator user name
- DB_PASSWORD => database administrator password
- FTP_SERVER => ftp server ip for hostname
- FTP_USERNAME => ftp username
- FTP_PASSWORD => ftp password
- FTP_UPLOAD_DIR => ftp server backup path
- LOG_FILE => log file name and location
I hope this script will help you for taking database backup over the FTP server.