After two years of development journey the PHP development team announces the release of PHP 7.0.0 on Dec 03, 2015. This release is a very special accomplishment of the core team. This PHP version comes with new Zend Engine 3.0 version which provides 2x faster performance and 50% better memory consumption than PHP 5.6 and many improvements.
Here are some of improved features in this release –
- Improved performance: PHP 7 is up to twice as fast as PHP 5.6
- Significantly reduced memory usage
- Abstract Syntax Tree
- Consistent 64-bit support
- Improved Exception hierarchy
- Many fatal errors converted to Exceptions
- Secure random number generator
- Removed old and unsupported SAPIs and extensions
- The null coalescing operator (??)
- Return and Scalar Type Declarations
- Anonymous Classes
- Zero cost asserts
To download PHP 7.0.0 visit following url and select nearby mirror to download.
Reference – http://php.net/archive/2015.php