Ubuntu 17.04 Released. Finally Ubuntu 17.04 has arrived with its latest features. The support for Ubuntu 17.04 will be ended on January 2018. For Long Term Support, it is recommended to use Ubuntu 16.04 LTS instead. Download Ubuntu 17.04 from here.
Ubuntu 17.04 Release Date
The regular Ubuntu users must be aware of the new release of Ubuntu 17.04 codename “Zesty Zapus“. Also, this is not too hard to guess the release month and year for any Ubuntu release. In the example of Ubuntu 17.04 which is releasing in April 2017. If you see closely, you will find that Ubuntu version 17 (The Year 2017) and 04( Month April).
You can find the complete schedule of Ubuntu 17.04 “Zesty Zapus” of its official website.
Upgrade to Ubuntu 17.04
Use the below link to find tutorial for upgrading to Ubuntu 17.04 Zesty Zapus.
Ubuntu 17.04 Features
Below is the list of new features or upgrades coming with new Ubuntu 17.04 “Zesty Zapus”. You can find out more details on the Ubuntu wiki.
- Default DNS: The default DNS resolver is now systemd-resolved.
- Linux Kernel: Ubuntu 17.04 will be shipped with Linux Kernel 4.10.
- Swap File: For new installs, a swap file will be used instead of a swap partition.
- DPDK: The Ubuntu 17.04 includes the latest release of DPDK, 16.11.1.
- Qemu: Qemu has been updated to the 2.8 release.
- Driverless Printing: New Ubuntu system now supports printers which allow printing without printer-specific drivers. These printers are IPP Everywhere and Apple AirPrint printers.
You can find out more about Ubuntu on the Ubuntu website and Ubuntu wiki.