Being a system administration you have all responsibilies to maintain your systems. System admin is a person having good knowledge about operating systems and applications, as well as hardware and software troubleshooting. Many of reponsibilies vary from organization to organization.
Basic responsibilities of system administratorâ€™s typically include:
1. User account management.
Creating new users and groups.
Configure security policies.
Changing user password on regular interval.
Analyze user security pocily on regular time interval.
2. Data backup and recovery.
A good system admin always have data backup policy with him, Also have recovery policy.
Check day to day your backups are working propely.
3. Keep system up-to-date
Always keep your system up-to-date with new packages and patches.
Latest packages have new features.
Patches are mostly release for security updates in current package.
4. Installing and configuring new hardware/software basis on requirements
5. Maintaining security on system. Also perform security testing time to time.
6. Monitoring system performance.
7. Keeping the network up and running.
8. Analyzing system logs and identifying issues with computer systems.
9. Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing environments