qBittorrent is an alternative of µtorrent, It also has ability to run cross plateform like (Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD). qBittorrent is based on Qt4 toolkit and libtorrent-rasterbar.
qBittorrent v4.0.3 has been released on Dec 17, 2017. Click here to read more about changes in this release. this how to guide will help you to install qBittorrent on Ubuntu systems.
Features of qBitTorrent
- User Interface similar to µTorrent
- Very Well integrated and extensible Search Engine
- Search in most BitTorrent search sites Simultaneousaly
- Categoried search requests (e.g. Music, Movies)
- Supports All Bittorrent extensions
- Remotely managable isomg web user interface
- Advanced control over trackers, peers and torrents
- Torrents queueing and prioritizing
- Torrent content selection and prioritizing
- Available in multiple languages with Unicode support
- Torrent creation tool
- Available on most platforms like: Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, OS/2, FreeBSD
Step 1 – Install qBitTorrent
qBittorrent is already available in official Ubuntu repositories since v9.04 “Jaunty”. To install latest published on qBittorrent PPAs, use the following commands.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:qbittorrent-team/qbittorrent-stable sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install qbittorrent
Step 2 – Start qBitTorrent
We can use GUI option to start qBitTorrent or use the following command to start.